Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Juice, Juice, Baby...

Day 2 of Juice cleanse.

I have learned that I can't cleanse two days in a row...at least not while I have walking pneumonia. Today I was weak, stumbling and ended up with a wicked headache. So I am going to eat me some dinner now...but I will be back to juicing tomorrow. In the meanwhile...here are my juice recipes...and my notes and modifications.

Beet & Ginger Juice

2 beets
1 small ginger root
1 apple, cored
1 lemon, peeled
3 carrots
Mix with equal parts water

Review of the recipe: holy shit, the ginger was harsh! I literally couldn't drink it. At all. But I made some minor modifications...and it ended up being my favorite!

My recipe:

4 beets
1 small ginger root
2 apples, cored
1 lemon, peeled
6 carrots
Stevia (to taste)
Mix with equal parts water

I basically just doubled the recipe and it was fantastic. Like - I CRAVE it fantastic.

Minty Pineapple

1/2 pineapple
1 green apple, cored
2 handfuls of mint
Mix with equal parts water

My only modification was to add a little more mint...on my second batch...cause this stuff was pretty awesome without any modifications.

Spicy Lemon

3 lemons, peeled
1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of agave nectar
Equal parts water

I did about 1/4 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, doubled the water and added stevia until the lemon didn't overpower me. (It ended up being 3 stevia packets in a 30 ounce cup). I am not a fan of lemon anything - so this was a long shot for me. Once I diluted it and sweetened it up a little, I sucked it down.

Green Goddess

1/2 head of romaine lettuce
2 sticks of celery
1/2 cucumber
1 green apple, cored
2 stalks of kale
handful of parsley
1 lemon, peeled

I won't be making this one again. Need to come up with some modifications to make it worth while



No comments:

Post a Comment